The Toronto Star, Does Toronto Need a Congestion Tax?
November 2011 has been proclaimed Transportation Month with organizations across the GTA staging at least five major mobility events, including:
- CUTA Fall Conference: Public Transit: Investing in Quality of Life – November 5-9, CUTA
- Toronto Talks Mobility – November 9-10, Cities Centre, CUTA
- MOVE: Transportation Expo & Charette – November 10-13, Institute Without Boundaries, Evergreen
- mobiliT.O.: Getting to the Core – November 19, Centre for City Ecology, Ontario Association of Architects
- Transport Futures: Mobility Pricing Stakeholders Forum – November 22, Transport Futures
Each of these events address a wide range of GTA transportation challenges while enabling citizens from all walks of life to build momentum and support for an efficient, equitable and sustainable transportation system.
CCE is partnering with the Ontario Association of Architects to host mobiliT.O, a day-long design workshop which will be held on November 19th. Learn more about mobiliT.O.! Due to space limitations, this event is limited to those with invitations. If you think you should be on our list, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also working with students in University of Toronto Professor Virginia Maclaren’s Workshop in Planning Practice class to provide summaries of all of these events so the conversation can continue online. Watch for #MoveTO this month on Twitter and stay tuned!